Za’atar Roasted Kalettes with Freekeh
Recipe by: Justine Schofield
Time: 45 minutes
- 2 tbsp za’atar
- 160g of kalettes
- ½ Jap pumpkin, cut into 3cm cubes (skin on)
- 1 Spanish onion, finely sliced
- 150g freekeh, washed well
- ½ cup walnuts
- 1 tbs. pomegranate molasses
- 3 tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- Juice ½ lemon
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbs. Greek-style yoghurt
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Arrange the kalettes, pumpkin and onion onto a baking tray. Drizzle over the oil, half the za’atar and a pinch of salt. Place in the oven for 30-35 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender.
Cook freekeh as per packet instructions.
Combine the dressing ingredients.
While the pumpkin is still warm, add the freekeh, walnuts and dressing and toss. Garnish with a little extra zaatar.