Smokey Kalette Tacos
Chef: Justine Schofield
Time: 40 minutes
- 500g of kalettes
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp cumin seeds
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- Salt & pepper
- Small white flour street tacos
- Crispy fried shallots. to serve
- Parsley, picked to serve
- Parmesan, finely grated to serve
- ¼ cup whole egg mayonnaise
- Zest and juice ½ lime
- 1 chipotle in adobo sauce finely chopped to a puree
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Combine oil with spices and salt. Arrange kalettes in a single layer on a baking tray and drizzle over spiced oil. Toss to coat all over. Bake them for 15-20 minutes or until crisp and slightly charred.
- For the mayonnaise, combine all ingredients.
- Warm tacos in a dry pan for 30 seconds on each side. Spoon on mayonnaise and top with roasted kalettes. Garnish with parsley and shallots and a sprinkle of parmesan.