Salmon and Kalette Salad with Tahini Dressing
Chef: Justine Schofield
Time: 20 minutes
- 150g fillet of hot smoked salmon
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 x (400g) can chickpeas, drain dried
- ½ tsp coriander seeds, crushed
- 300g kalettes, roughly chopped
- 1 small Granny Smith apple, julienned
- ½ bunch parsley, chopped
- ½ bunch of mint, leaves picked and chopped
- 1 ripe tomato, deseeded and finely diced
- Wholemeal couscous
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 lemon, juice
- 1 tsp sumac
- Salt & pepper
For the dressing mix the ingredients together with 80ml of water until or until the dressing is the consistency of pouring cream.
Heat a pan over a high heat and add the oil. Add the chickpeas and a pinch of salt and cook for 5-8 tossing regularly or until crisp. Add the coriander seeds and toss again to toast for a few seconds. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
Cook the couscous as per packet directions, with a pinch of salt and a drizzle of olive oil.
Add the chopped kalettes to a large bowl along with the flaked salmon, apple, couscous and herbs. Add dressing and toss to coat everything. Arrange on a platter and top with crispy chickpeas.