Lemon Chicken with Roasted Potatoes and Red Brussel Sprouts
Chef: Justine Schofield
Time: 1 hour
- 1 x 1.2kg whole chicken, cut into 8 pieces or 4 drumsticks and 4 thighs, bone in
- 3 large Desiree potatoes, peeled and cut into 4
- 1 large tomato, cut into small wedges
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ cup chicken stock or water
- 2 handfuls of red brussel sprouts
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Place the chicken pieces, tomato wedges and potatoes into a large bowl and coat in the oil and lemon juice. Season generously with salt, pepper and the oregano. Arrange in a large baking tray in one single layer and add the stock or water.
- Bake for 45 minutes turning halfway.
- Remove the tray from the oven and add the red brussel sprouts. With tongs, toss in the oil and pan juices and bake for a further 15 minutes.