Kalettes, Tuna and Mozzarella Pasties
Recipe by: Justine Schofield
Time: 1 hour
- 2 large handfuls of kalettes, blanched and drained well
- 375g good-quality store-bought butter puff pastry
- 1 x 200g can tuna in spring water, drained
- 1 ball of mozzarella, torn
- 3 spring onions
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- 1 lemon, zested
- Flour for dusting
- Salt and pepper
- Egg, lightly whisked for egg wash
Preheat oven to 180°C.
Finely chop the kalettes and place into a large bowl with the tuna, spring onions, mozzarella, bread crumbs, lemon zest and combine well with a pinch of salt and pepper.
Use a 12 cm cookie cutter, cut 4 circles out of the puff pastry.
Place 1 heaped tablespoon of the mixture into the middle of the pastry circle, fold over and seal with a fork. Then apply the egg wash and put it on a lined tray into the oven for 35-40 minutes, or until golden.