Chef: Justine Schofield
Time: 1 hour
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 250g cannelloni (22 shells)
- 320g kalette, reserving two
- 1 small handful of basil and parsley
- 1 pinch of chilli flakes
- 50g walnuts
- 400g ricotta
- 1 clove of garlic, microplaned
- 1 lemon, zested
- 700g tomato passata
- 125g smoked mozzarella, cut into small cubes
- 30g parmesan
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Bring a pot of salted water to the boil and add the kalette. Once water comes back up to boil, strain.
- Place the kalettes into a food processor and blend until finely chopped. Add herbs and walnuts, ricotta, garlic, lemon and chilli and blend again until smooth. Place in a piping bag.
- Grease a large baking dish (about 42cm x 28cm) with oil and then pour in half of the tomato passata. Drizzle over more oil and add then season the sauce with salt and pepper.
- Cut the tip of the piping bag and pipe the kalette mixture into each cannelloni tube. Nestle side-by-side into the tomato sauce. Pour over remaining sauce and spread evenly over each cannelloni to ensure they are covered. Add the mozzarella and parmesan. Cover with foil and bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Remove foil and cool for a further 20-25 minutes or until the top is golden brown.