Roasted Miso Brussel Sprouts
Chef: Justine Schofield
Time: 30 minutes
- 500g Brussel sprouts, trimmed
- 1 nashi pear, cored and cut into 8
- 1 Spanish onion, cut into wedges
- 50g butter
- 2 tbsp white miso paste
- 1½ tsp honey
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Melt the butter on a medium to low heat in a small saucepan until it becomes foamy. Continue cooking for a further 1-3 minutes or until the bubbles subside, the milk solids at the bottom turn brown and a wonderful nutty aroma is present. Remove from the heat and cool slightly before whisking in the miso, honey and soy sauce.
- Arrange the Brussels sprouts and onions in a roasting tray. Pour ½ of the butter over the vegetables and with your hand toss everything together. Roast for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and toss around on the tray. Add the pieces of pear and drizzle over the remainder of the butter and roast for a further 5-10 minutes or until the sprouts are caramelised and tender.
As seen on Everyday Gourmet Season 7.