Serves 4 to 6
- 1 head green or Savoy cabbage, outer leaves removed
- Olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper, or seasoning of your choice
- With Bacon – 6-8 slices bacon cut into strips can be added to the cabbage before baking
- Heat the oven to 180C. Cut the cabbage into thick wedges, removing the core. Lay these down on a large roasting pan or baking sheet and drizzle very lightly with olive oil. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper/ seasoning.
- Roast for 30 minutes, flipping the cabbage wedges once halfway through. Bake until edges are golden grown and crispy.
- Serve immediately; the wedges cool down fast.