- 10 large cabbage leaves
- 500g lean mince
- 1 small onion, chopped
- ½ cup uncooked rice
- 1 tbsp dried parsley flakes
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- 2 cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- ½ tsp sugar
- Blanch the cabbage leaves in boiling water for 30 seconds.
- Combine the mince, chopped onion, rice, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Cut the vein from the bottom of each cabbage leaf, making a V shape cut out. Place ¼ cup of the filling on top of cabbage leaves and make a parcel.
- Place in an ovenproof dish and pour over combined tinned tomatoes and sugar.
- Cover and bake at 180C for 1 hour or until cabbage rolls are tender.
- Serve hot along with steamed rice.