Brussel Sprout Soup
- 500g Brussels Sprouts
- 2/3 cup bacon
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 medium brown onion
- 4-5 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1-2 white potatoes cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- Wash sprouts and cut in halves or quarters if large.
- Peel and cube potatoes.
- Add the butter to the pan and melt, add bacon and chopped onion and saute until onion is soft and browning.
- Add the potato and brussels sprouts and cover with stock.
- Bring to the boil and then simmer for 20-25min or until sprouts and potatoes are soft.
- Puree and add salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve with crusty bread…..